Friday, December 12, 2008

On my way!


This is correct. I am now spending the night at a hotel in Charlotte North Carolina, hoping to fly out to Costa Rica tomorrow. I will then fly from SJO into Guatemala City and I might just bite the bullet and fly up to Tikal opposed to taking the 10 hour bus ride since my travel plans have been pushed back a bit. It is amazing how this is part of the adventure and I am allowing myself to go with the flow. I was re routed through San Diego last night so I was very fortunate to have a loving father there to pick me up! My journey has definitely begun! I met a wonderful man on the plane today who is training to teach English abroad in South Korea so I see the beauty in all the unfolding.

I will hope to get on the flight tomorrow morning and further hope to be writing you very shortly from Guatemala! Much Love to all and Happy Holidays!

Enjoy this full moon tonight. It is actually near perigee, meaning the moon will be the closest between the centers of the Moon and Earth since 1993 and until 2016. I heard the moon is 14 minutes closer to Earth tonight!

2 comments:

Emilia said...

Thanks for the update on the moon!!!!

Jim said...

Whitters, Hopefully you are there by now. You are amazing and your tenacity is an inspiration - which is nothing new! Love, Dad